For each DVD, there is a folder named VIDEO_TS which contains the DVD’s video data and playback information. You may have stored a lot of Video_TS files ripped from DVDs or shared from friends on Mac hard drive, chances are that you want to play the media content in Video_ts folder on MacOS Sierra without DVD player. This guide will tell you how to open and view Video_ts files on MacOS Sierra with two easy methods.
Method 1. Install a Media player for playing Video_ts files
One of the best way to play a VIDEO_TS on MacOS Sierra system is by using a VIDEO_TS player like KMPlayer, VideoLAN (VLC Player), etc.. Here takes VLC as an example, which works essentially the same way as DVD Player. Download this player and follow the below steps to player your VIDEO_TS files.
- To play a copied/ripped DVD(VIDEO_TS files) from hard disk you can use VideoLAN (VLC Player).
- Install it. Start VideoLAN (click Start -> Programs -> VideoLAN -> VLC Media Player)
- Click File -> Open Directory. Find the VIDEO_TS folder, select it and click OK.
Pros: It lets you play video_ts files on MacOS Sierra without conversion.
Cons: Some other formats are still unplayable with a third-party player. Besides, some player apps will slow down your computer. The worst is that some movies would stutter & lag during playback. Or choose an alternative one like Dimo Player. Video_TS files are always high quality videos stored in VOB format. This player supports majority of the audio as well as video formats including playing media contens in VIDEO_TS folder.
Method 2. Convert Video_ts to MacOS Sierra friendly formats for playback
Another way to play video_ts on MacOS Sierra is to change video_ts to MacOS Sierra compatible formats like MOV, MP4, M4V. To achieve it, you can use an MacOS Sierra Video_ts converter. Here we highly recommend Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac, an all-in-one package tool for you.
- Convert VIDEO_TS to MacOS Sierra video player playable MOV, MP4, M4V
- 30X quicker speed of conversion
- Besides converting DVD Video_TS files, it can also convert videos, DVD disc, Blu-ray disc, ISO files
- Offer customized profile settings for multiple devices like iPhone, iPad, Android, VR, TV, editors, Samsung, PS3, PS4, Xbox, etc.
- Quick media file transferring by IP sharing technology and touch up
If you prefer the way, just follow the below guide on converting Video_ts on MacOS Sierra.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate.soft32.com/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi … 194_4-77376153.html
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo … r-mac/digazgge.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Download … mate-for_46665.html
- Directoryofshareware Download: http://www.directoryofshareware. … r_ultimate_for_mac/
- Fileflash Download: http://146210.7.fileflash.com/download/
How to convert Video_ts folder on MacOS Sierra
Step 1. Run the VIDEO_TS Converter and click “Add DVD” to import the VIDEO_TS files you want to convert. All added video clips will be shown on the window and you can just double click them to have a review.
Step 2. For playing Video_TS with QuickTime-Mac computer’s default video player, just convert VIDEO_TS to MOV or MP4. Go to the "Select Format" window present on right side of the software page. A drop down list will appear with tabs of – Format and Device. To simply select the MP4 format, go to Format > Video> MOV or MP4. If you wish to convert the file for a specific device like iPhone, iPad or any other you can go for better choice for output format. Simply go to "Device" and select the one of your choice.
Click the Settings icon to adjust video and audio parameters on the Profile Setting as you need to get the best quality video.
You can edit the videos as you like by clicking on the Edit button. Trimming, cropping, adding watermark, applying special effects function is also provided.
Step 3. Hit the “Start” button to start encoding VIDEO_TS files on MacOS Sierra. After the conversion, you can play your VIDEO_TS files in your native player on MacOS Sierra easily and smoothly. Bingo! That is it. Or share your local video clips on MacOS Sierra to mobile devices or TV for playback.
Pros: It helps you convert any type Video_ts files to MacOS Sierra readable format. You don’t need to worry about the incompatible issue any more. Besides, with a video converter app, you can freely tweak the video bitrate, frame rate, resolution to get a decent video that playable on your portable tablets or phones.
Cons: It needs a third-party video converter app and will take some time for video conversion.
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac:
What is VIDEO_TS file?
When we talk about VIDEO_TS files, they are generally a structure a DVD movie that contains information regarding the video. The full form of VIDEO_TS is Video Transport System and the folder mainly contains 3 major files VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.VOB.
- VIDEO_TS.VOB (object files): These files contain the major part of the data present in a DVD including actually video, audio data, subtitles and other information.
- VIDEO_TS.IFO (information files): These files mainly contain the basic information regarding the DVD and its VOB files. These files thus have data regarding as to what data is to be loaded when DVD is inserted, markers of DVD chapter, DVD commands by user and other.
- VIDEO_TS.BUP (backup files): These files are the copies of the IFO files and basically work as backup when the original information files gets corrupt and cannot be read.
Thus we can say that VIDEO_TS is basically a folder that contains all the information regarding the videos in a DVD.
- How to play 3D Blu-ray movies on HTC Vive
- Watch 3D Blu-ray movie on View-master VR
- How to Rip and Copy Blu-ray under macOS Sierra
- How to copy Disney DVD Movies on MacOS Sierra
- Best DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper for MacOS Sierra
- Rip 3D Blu-ray to 3D MKV for projector using MakeMKV