If you’re already a fan of the Gear VR experience and want your next phone to offer the best possible upgrade, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are your best choices. Samsung Gear VR makes the experience more immersive and saves you from having to squint at the small screen. Wanna get the most vivid VR experience via Gear VR with Galaxy S8/S8+, just learn how to create 3D movies from 2D/3D videos/DVD/Blu-ray movies for Gear VR in this article.
With an increasing number of formats in video being distributed as downloadable content online, you’ve probably found that the video you have right now isn’t compatible with Gear VR, including 3D MTS, 3D YIFY, 3D YouTube, Blu-ray, DVD, etc.. What’s the use of having a wonderful VR headest but not being able to play that video you just downloaded? That’s where video conversion comes in.
As to unsupported media files, (including videos, dvds and blu-rays), you only need to download a suitable 3D video conversion tool to transcde the 2D/3D files to the supported format for Gear VR and then transfer the converted files to your phone. Here you can use Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac which can help you quickly finish the conversion from 3D MKV/FLV/MTS/MOV to 3D SBS/TB MP4 for Gear VR playback with Galaxy S8/S8+ on Mac with original video quality. Besides 3D MP4(Side-by-Side/Top bottom/Anaglyph) outputs, this software provides 3D MKV, 3D MOV, 3D WMV, 3D AVI presets to meet your different needs. In addition, if you want to trim/crop videos, set effects, add text or image watermark to videos, all these can be easily achieved with this powerful tool.
What’s more, playing 3D movies is my favorite feature in Gear VR based on mobile phones, though it takes some time to figure out how to set everything up to enjoy a movie you have on a Blu-ray/DVD, since you can’t insert the disk into the phone. Even if you have purchased a digital copy of the movie and have a file on your computer, watching it in Gear VR would not be a plug-and-play procedure. In this case, a Blu-ray/DVD to VR converter like Dimo Video Converter Ultimate can also help you a lot. It is able rip Blu-ray/DVD to VR devices including Samsung Gear VR, HTC Vice, Oculus, Google Cardboard, etc. It is a powerful program that makes virtual reality video conversion easier, so that you can enjoy your favorite movies on your VR headset like Samsung Gear VR via Galaxy S8/S8+. The equivalent Windows version Dimo Video Converter Ultimate. Now download the program and let’s learn how to do it.
Free Download Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Dimo-Vi … 194_4-77376153.html
- Soft32 Download: http://dimo-video-converter-ultimate-for-mac.soft32.com/
- Top4download: http://www.top4download.com/dimo … r-mac/digazgge.html
- handyarchive Download: http://www.handyarchive.com/Audi … timate-for-Mac.html
- filetransit Download: http://www.filetransit.com/screenshot.php?id=450316
- filedudes Download: http://www.filedudes.com/Dimo_Vi … ownload-226665.html
- directoryofshareware Download: http://www.directoryofshareware. … r_ultimate_for_mac/
- xentrik Download: http://www.xentrik.net/software/ … timate_for_mac.html
- filebuzz Download: http://www.filebuzz.com/fileinfo … timate_for_Mac.html
- fileflash Download: http://146210.7.fileflash.com/download/
- yankeedownload Download: http://www.yankeedownload.com/so … -for-mac-lnpol.html
- dodownload Download: http://www.dodownload.com/audio/ … timate-for-mac.html
- Antivire Download: http://www.antivire.com/Download … mate-for_46665.html
Convert 2D/3D Movies for Viewing Gear VR With SBS 3D effects
Step 1. Load your 2D/3D movies
Launch the video converter for Gear VR, and click “Add File” button to import your source materials. Batch conversion is supported so that you can add multiple files for conversion at a time. Downloading movies from YouTube/Vimeo/Twitter is allowed too.
Step 2. Select output format
Click “Select Format” and select “MP4” or “MKV” from “Format > Video” category as the output format. It works on Gear VR perfectly.
After you choose the VR output format, click the “Edit”, there would be a pop-up window. Turn to 3D and you can decide to convert your videos in SBS or TB 3D mode.
Tip: Click Settings to adjust the parameters like video codec, video bitrate, video frame rate, audio sample rate, audio channel. 1920×1080 compressed side-by-side 3D should be resampled to 1920×540 resolution full side-by-side resolution. And keep audio in AAC or MP3.
Step 3. Start conversion
Click the “Start” button to start and finish the 2D/3D video to Gear VR conversion. After the conversion, click “Open” button to quickly locate the generated media file. Now you can transfer the converted videos to play with Gear VR on Galaxy S8/S8+ easily. In addition to Galaxy S8/S8+, Gear VR also works on the following Samsung Galaxy smartphones: Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S6/S6 Edge/S6 Edge+, and Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
To view your SBS 3D video files on your Gear VR, follow these steps:
1. On your MicroSD card file directory, navigate to Oculus > Movies > Your Movies
2. Create a new folder within “Your Movies” and label it “3D”
3. Import or move your SB 3D videos into your newly created “3D” folder
Once you have created your 3D content folder and imported compatible video files, insert your MicroSD card into your with Galaxy S8/S8+ (if it isn’t already), slide the phone in your Gear VR, and put the virtual reality headset on your head. Then:
1. Navigate to Oculus Cinema from the main menu
2. Navigate to “My Videos” from the Oculus Cinema content library menu
3. Select the 3D video you wish to view (if you followed the above steps it should have a “3D” label in the upper righthand corner)
4. Choose the cinema mode to begin playback
Free Download or Purchase Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac/Win:
Need the lifetime version to work on 2-4 Macs so that your friends and family can instantly broaden their entertainment options? Please refer to the family license here.
The price of Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is divided into 1 Year Subscription, Lifetime/Family/Business License: $43.95/Year; $45.95/lifetime license; $95.95/family license(2-4 Macs); $189.95/business pack(5-8 Macs). Get your needed one at purchase page.
- Import 3D movies to Zeiss VR One for playing
- The Basics of Downloading/Making VR Videos
- Make 3D Movies From 2D on Windows 10 Easily
- Free Download 21 Day Fix Workout Videos Online
- How to View YouTube 3D on Sony Bravia 3D Television
- Is it possible to watch 3D Blu-ray on Homido VR headset?